Scale up the Fight against Chronic Diseases
Chronic diseases are a serious problem on a global scale. They severely limit patient's well-being and enjoyment of life. They put an increasing stress to economies and health care systems. This is avoidable and can be changed. A health-promoting lifestyle can prevent, halt, or even reverse a chronic disease to significantly improve both mental and physical health of a person, while also have positive effects on the economy and healthcare system.
As we want to tackle this together, we are looking for innovative approaches to improve the life of millions of people.
#ehealth #makebehaviorchangestick #changelifeforbetter
- EUR 5,000 per Challenge + collaboration with Generali and other program partners + joint Publication
- Aug 17, 2022, 9:59:59 PM
- 1 to 9 persons
International - open to participants from all over the world
- Important details
- About Generali
For the participation within the HealthTech Innovation Program, a common submission template is available. This template will help you to structure your ideas and approaches and to find answers to all relevant questions.
The Submission Template is mandatory to submit.
In addition to this submission template, you will find specific requirements and guiding questions for your use case in the "Guiding Questions" section down below.
You can also complement your submission with prototypes, pitch decks, image and video materials, higher-level concepts, or specific use case-related instruments – simply submit these documents along with the submission template via our platform.
If you have any questions regarding the challenge you are welcome to join our Q&A Call every Thursday from 4:00 - 4:30 pm (CEST). Click here to join during the scheduled time of the meeting.
This Challenge is calling for the most innovative digital solutions or use cases of existing digital solutions that support people to rethink and change their unhealthy way of life; solutions that help to be more conscious about their individual mental and physical health and wellbeing.
The following guiding questions are for your inspiration, and it is not mandatory to answer all of them:
- How do we induce a change in health-related lifestyle through technology without personal contact to another human being?
- How can me make this change stick?
- How do we create a technical solution that is suitable for the target group of people that are aged 60 and older?
- How can we convince people to lead a more health-conscious life?
- How can we convince people that they are beautifying & prolonging their own lives?
- How can we show that a healthier life is a better life?
- How can we rise awareness for chronic diseases with technological support?
Criteria & guidelines
- The result should rather be a concept for the successful change of health-related way of life than a product or prototype, but can be both
- Ideally approaches should be (scientifically) validated (e.g. psychological/ behavioral/ technological concept) and have a successful prove of concept or have been published in academic literature
- To make the idea more tangible, the scope of the concept can be narrowed down to the subgroup of people with diabetes
The Generali Health Solutions is starting to employ app based insure support programs for chronic diseases to enable a more scalable support for those at risk. These products can use various ways of communication (Chatbot, Email, SMS, Phone) and also provide a hybrid way of support (e.g. App and Phone-/Videocall with an actual human). The product does not have to be a DiGa.
© 2018-2022 ekipa GmbH. All rights reserved.