Accelerating ESG-related legal research technology
The ESG movement represents a unique opportunity to bring sustainability to the heart of our society, markets, and businesses. But due to the wide scope of application and continually changing regulatory landscape, many organizations are struggling to understand, anticipate and apply ESG principles to their operations and strategies. We want to change that. Partner with Dentons, the world’s largest law firm, to build an AI-based application to automate the monitoring of enacted and planned ESG regulations in the area of real estate development!
#AIforESG #SustainableLegal #RealEstateRegTech #LegalTech
- Prize pool of EUR 5,000 + further collaboration opportunities + joint paper
- Oct 3, 2022, 10:00:00 PM
- 1 to 9 persons
International - open to participants from all over the world
- Important details
- About Dentons
Specifications and desired outcome
Note: Giving the broadness of the topic to tackle, the following specifications describe the ideal solution to be created during the cooperation with Dentons. Thus, more specific use cases are also sought as part of the Challenge, which may be further developed together over time.
The focus of the solution should be towards sustainable real estate developments, potentially including sustainable finance requirements of financing such development projects as part of the ESG framework, consider each relevant stakeholder (e.g. investors, developers financial institutions), and offer a sectorial approach, with particular interest in the environmental impact and anti-modern slavery aspects of large commercial real estate developments (office buildings, retail/shopping mall, outlet center projects, etc.). Both the local, jurisdictional, regional, and supranational perspective must be included in the solution. Taking a step-by-step approach and focus on specific use-cases is more likely to lead to a broader and more mature solution or suite of solutions later on.
The use case should have the ability to cover publications from the types of organizations listed below.
- International bodies that are standard setters
- Parliaments, ministries, central banks, regulators/supervisors, and all other government bodies
- Exchanges (all types) and market infrastructure bodies publishing rulebooks/standards
- Industry bodies (incl. associations) that publish industry standards (e.g., ISO)
It should also have the ability to cover, among others, the following subjects and areas of laws depending on the sectors covered
(a proof of concept might have a narrower scope)
- Environmental impact
- Anti-modern slavery requirements
- Supply chain management and transparency
- Asset Management
- Investment firms
The list below is absolutely not exhaustive, and should only guide the participants.
- PWC - ESG oversight the corporate director guide.pdf
- Final Report on Social Taxonomy (europa.eu)
- European Commission Homepage
- All News (europa.eu)
- UN Global Compact
- European e-Justice Portal - National legislation (europa.eu)
- European Environment Agency (europa.eu)
- European Environment Information and Observation Network — Eionet Portal (europa.eu)
- All news about Environment | Euronews
- Global Home | Practical Law (thomsonreuters.com)
- Environmental news that matters | ENDS Europe
- Environmental news, analysis, reference | ENDS Report
- IEEP - Institute for European Environmental Policy
- CEN-CENELEC (cencenelec.eu)
- MSCI – Powering better investment decisions
- Sustainability | Bloomberg LP
- Corporate Sustainability | Bloomberg Professional Services
- Daily Tax Report ® (bloombergtax.com)
- News, sport and opinion from the Guardian's global edition | The Guardian
- Leigh Day Solicitors | London and Manchester Solicitors | Leigh Day
- Sustainability | Financial Times (ft.com)
- ESG News - Latest ESG Headlines | Breaking ESG News Updates
- ESG News - Europe - ESG Clarity
- Homepage - Accountancy Europe
- Breaking International News & Views | Reuters
- | Regulation Tomorrow
- Business & Human Rights Resource Centre (business-humanrights.org)
- Materials Recycling World | Waste Management Industry News (mrw.co.uk)
- Startseite | Transparency International Deutschland e.V.
- Home - Transparency.org
© 2018-2022 ekipa GmbH. All rights reserved.